cHILDREN, yOUTH AND fAMILY
Thank you for your interest in finding a church home for you and your child. We are looking forward to meeting your family and welcoming all of you into our fun and friendly faith community.
What is Faith Formation?
Through the faith formation ministries at Our Savior’s we nurture children and their families in their relationships with God and one another. Our goal is to equip the Christian home as the primary place where faith formation occurs. We strive to help children and parents relate faith to daily life, to encourage and nurture faith life in the home, to welcome all into our church family, and involve children and families in the life of the congregation. We encourage life-changing relationships with Jesus in age-appropriate ways. We accomplish this by:
- Creating a welcoming environment
- Providing well-designed spaces for children, youth and adults to explore, question, play, and learn
- Modeling Christian values
- Encouraging friendships
- Training and equipping leaders to work with children and families
- Providing opportunities to strengthen our relationship with God and other Christians
- Nurturing faith formation by pointing to God’s presence in the midst of everyday life
- Providing learning that is REAL - Rational, Experiential, Applicable, and Learner-based
- Meeting people where they are on their faith journey and equipping each one to live as a child of God
Take a moment to explore our site to see how we can partner with you in raising your child in the faith. Contact our minister of faith formation, Dawn Alitz, for more information (email@example.com ).